A number of research works have been carried on since decades to address and cure alcoholism problems. Researchers have worked a lot finding the most effective ways to treat alcoholabuse.
Alcohol use Disorders are quite predominant in the USA. It is true that a single approach might not stand useful to everyone with the problem of alcohol dependence. The clinicians have consequently believed that the patients should be assigned to treatments based on their needs.
- To evaluate the therapy to be used know that the patients who have low psychiatric severity respond well to the facilitation therapy.
- The medical management team uses medicines to reduce the cravings for alcohol and making them feel sick after drinking alcohol. There are a number of drugs available to help withdraw the symptoms of withdrawal
- They followbehavioral therapies that are all based on the principles of reinforcement and punishment. They facilitate therapeutic techniques in order to facilitate a positive behavioralchange. The therapies focus on coping brief interventions, skills training, relapse prevention.
- Whether medication, behavioral therapy or a combination of both, the technology also plays a vital role in identifying and curing alcohol treatments. The tools such as emails, phone, internethave helped the addicts with the relevant apps, online support groups, Internet-based interventions and phone contacts etc.
- There may be patients who suffer alcohol use disorders as well as problems like mental health and medical problems. Such patients may need separate treatment systems that are integrated into a single system of treatment. Though not much has been researched about these kind of treatment methods, but it is seen that the patients have had an improved outcomes from this integrated treatment methods.
- The mutual help groups still continue to play an important role recovering millions of American citizens. This is the most common method sought by most of the rehabs to achieve the wellbeing of the patient. The professionalsfacilitate the dependent patients’ involvement in groups and them an adaptive to avoid the patient’s relapse risk.
Alcohol treatment Programs in California recognize the need to find an appropriate treatment to guide the patient through a successful recovery path.